Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
The multidisciplinary department treats patients with head and neck neoplasms, providing qualified care. Drug therapy is not always practical. Often, diseases, especially tumor ones, require adequate intervention from the surgery.
Healthy ENT organs are of great importance for every person. The slightest malfunction on the part of the ear, nose, or throat causes a lot of inconvenience, discomfort and substantially interferes with a full-fledged existence. Therefore, taking care of your health is necessary. And the very first symptoms indicating pathologies with the area of the head or neck should make you turn to specialists. Doctors will conduct a detailed examination. According to the indications, they will make a diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
What diseases does otolaryngology and head and neck surgery deal with?
Specialists of the department consider any violations and abnormal conditions of otolaryngological organs.
- hearing loss.
- Difficult nasal breathing.
- Chronic tonsillitis.
- Enlarged lymph nodes.
- loss of voice.
- Tumor neoplasms of the thyroid gland, throat, nasal passage, oral cavity, salivary glands, tympanic membranes, vocal cords, upper or lower jaw.
- Snoring and apnea.
- Inflammatory diseases of the paranasal sinuses.
- Pathology of the tonsils and larynx.
What operations are performed in the Department of Otolaryngology
Blade specialists are involved in complex interventions aimed at correcting, correcting, restoring, and treating ENT organs. Tel Aviv Medical Clinic has the best doctors in Israel, who perform high-level operations using advanced equipment. After a thorough diagnosis, experienced specialists prescribe a plan of treatment measures, normalizing the patient's condition, avoiding relapse or complications. Surgeons use both traditional methods and innovative ones, resorting to the most sparing technologies that allow removing tumors safely for the patient, preventing injuries.
- Glands removal.
- Resection of a tumor in the oral cavity.
- Surgical interventions using an endoscopic device on the thyroid gland, throat, and nasopharynx.
- Removal of the salivary gland.
- Removal of foreign bodies.
- Elimination of deformation of the nasal septum.
- Dissection of boils.
- Removal of benign or cancerous tumors.
Also, in the complex of diagnostic and therapeutic measures may be involved:
- Flushing the nasal cavity.
- Taking a puncture.
- Therapeutic blockade.
- Removal of sulfur plugs.
- Drug treatment.