Heart problems are still a major factor in mortality. In most cases, the disease can be treated with a timely diagnosis. The Cardiothoracic Surgery Department of the leading Israeli clinic, Tel Aviv Medical Clinic, is working hard to provide patients with timely treatment and surgery if necessary. Our experts have vast practical experience and knowledge. Employees of the department annually improve their skills in leading European and American institutions. The rooms are equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable stay of the patient at all stages of therapy. It should be noted that the department has established tariffs at the state level. Thus, you get a wide range of services at a reduced cost.
In the department of interventional cardiology (catheterization chamber), catheterization procedures are performed using advanced methods, including balloon angioplasty, drug-eluting stents, expansion and transplantation of the heart valve, and expansion of peripheral arteries.
When the operation is prescribed
The doctor, after consultation and diagnosis, prescribes the operation in the following cases:
- coronary disease;
- correction or replacement of valves;
- heart and lung transplant surgery;
- heart failure;
- heart rhythm disturbance;
- congenital malformations.
What procedures do we carry out?
Our qualified doctors carry out the following procedures:
- coronary artery bypass grafting with and without the use of the heart-lung machine;
- valve correction or replacement using standard or minimally invasive methods;
- treatment of aneurysm of the ascending and descending thoracic aorta;
- heart and lung transplant operations and implantation of mechanical assistive devices in heart failure;
- treatment of heart rhythm disturbances;
- treatment of congenital heart defects in people of all ages, including newborns, breastfed infants and children;
- treatment of lung diseases with minimally invasive methods.
The department’s doctors also specialize in coronary artery bypass grafting in patients with coronary artery disease, which is not amenable to medical treatment or angioplasty. This type of operation is aimed at increasing blood flow to the heart muscle. Surgical intervention is carried out using the most modern equipment on a working heart, as well as using an artificial machine.