Oral and maxillofacial surgery: areas of the medical industry
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a broad branch of medicine. She specializes in the treatment of the following pathological processes:
- Acquired, congenital disabilities of the jaw, cervical, department;
- Damage to the hard, soft tissue of the oral cavity;
- Anomalies of the acquired, congenital type of the facial zone, head; • Oncological neoplasms of the maxillofacial department;
- The presence of benign tumors of the jaw, facial region;
- Lesions of soft tissue, bone tissue with concomitant complications; • Inflammatory processes in the hard, soft tissue of the jaw and face.
Directions of maxillofacial surgery
The specialized department of maxillofacial surgery specializes in treating various pathologies of the congenital, acquired type. Among the areas of work of the department are:
- Treatment of abnormalities, deformations of the maxillofacial department. Specialists normalize the functionality, restore the aesthetic characteristics of the facial part of the skull. This allows you to improve the quality of life of the patient. Reconstructive, reconstructive surgery is used to correct defects caused by damage, radical surgical interventions to excise neoplasms. An experienced specialist restores the appearance of the face with congenital anomalies;
- Recovery of skeletal malformations in the bite. Separately, orthognathic surgery of the craniofacial direction is distinguished. Specialists correct the bite, profile, changing the jaw shape;
- Surgery for traumatic bone lesions. Operations performed for patients with fractures of the facial bone tissue with a partial, complete violation of integrity. High-quality fixators and surgeons' professionalism allows you to restore the orbit, cheekbone complex, upper, lower jaw after a fracture;
- Interventions for retention, the dystopia of the wisdom tooth. The problem arises from improper tooth germination, lack of space, violation of the stowing process, and painful growth;
- Therapy of chronic periodontitis. The tissue around the teeth undergoes constant changes. There are pains during compression, a change in temperature. The patient's gums swollen, reddened. Maxillofacial surgeons restore the normal state of the oral cavity.
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Tel Aviv Medical Clinic
The multidisciplinary medical center in Israel is known worldwide for its unique, progressive methods of restoring the face's soft, bone tissues. Specialists of the highest category use high-tech, expensive equipment for a new generation.