The pediatric neurology unit at Tel Aviv Medical Clinic is known worldwide for its innovative methods of treating various diseases. We have children from all over the world with disorders of the nervous system. Our highly qualified specialists provide advice on any issues related to the diagnosis of the disease, its treatment, and prevention.
What we treat
Our doctors treat the following diseases:
- convulsions and epilepsy;
- impaired or delayed development;
- neurometabolic malfunctions;
- neurogenetic disorders;
- neuromuscular diseases;
- pediatric and neonatal strokes;
- nerve tics;
- violations of muscle tone and others.
Our doctors use the latest techniques for the treatment of disorders of the nervous system. We work closely with specialists from other departments for the treatment of concomitant diseases. Our doctors observe the child at all stages of therapy. Control his condition after his discharge.
When to consult a specialist
If you find the following signs of a disease, you should immediately consult a neurologist for advice:
- increased irritability;
- sleep disturbance;
- motor disorders;
- dysfunction of intracranial pressure regulation;
- episodic convulsions;
- the marbling of the skin;
- cold limbs;
- increased excitability;
- impaired speech, memory, attention;
- psycho-emotional instability;
- Frequent and profuse regurgitation.
A child with a central nervous system lesion needs to be developed and controlled until the symptoms of the disease disappear.
What are the causes of the development of neurological disorders in babies?
The most common factors in the development of pathologies of the nervous system are:
- birth trauma;
- lack of oxygen during pregnancy;
- complex birth;
- hereditary factor;
- severe toxicosis;
- entanglement with an umbilical cord.
Diagnosis and treatment of pathology
If the doctor has detected the slightest signs of the presence of the disease, he carries out several studies:
- eye examination;
- Dopplerography of blood vessels;
- Ultrasound of the brain.
- After diagnosis, the specialist will suggest the following treatment methods:
- drug therapy;
- physiotherapeutic procedures;
- progressive methods of neurological rehabilitation.
In our center Tel Aviv Medical Clinic, specialists are engaged in the complex treatment of neurological disorders, because only this approach is the most effective.