Pediatric otolaryngology: general information
In childhood, adolescence, diseases often affect the larynx, oropharynx, ears, and nasopharynx. Children's otolaryngology specializes in this category of disorders. At an early age, babies faced with complications of nasal breathing, nasal deposits fall into the lower compartment of the respiratory system. This complication stimulates the development of bronchitis, pneumonia. To avoid the formation of complications, serious diseases, you need to contact an experienced specialist - a pediatric otolaryngologist.
When to visit a pediatric otolaryngologist
At an older age, a prolonged runny nose, frequent colds, viral infections found in many cases. This is due to visits to public institutions: kindergarten, schools, and developing circles. Initially, the paranasal sinuses and larynx ears suffer. In the absence of proper treatment, the disease descends to the bronchi, lungs. The child must be brought for examination in the presence of the following symptoms:
- The occurrence of hoarseness, cough, auditory problems;
- With frequent recurrent tonsillitis, bronchitis, respiratory infections; Pain in the ears, head;
- An attack of sneezing, prolonged runny nose, dizziness;
- Problems with nasal breathing, accompanied by nosebleeds, itching, and crusts in the nostrils.
What diseases does otolaryngology deal with?
Specialists in the field of pediatric otolaryngology are involved in the diagnosis and treatment of various diseases. Among the most common problems that babies and teens face:
- Inflammatory processes in the ears - otitis media of varying degrees;
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes in the nose - rhinitis;
- Accumulations of sulfur deposits in the ear canal - sulfur plug;
- Sore throats, acute tonsillitis. Lymphoid formations around the pharynx become inflamed, the process affects the area of the tonsils;
- Inflammation of the mucous membranes in the lymphoid tissues of the pharynx, in the maxillary sinuses - pharyngitis, sinusitis;
- The formation of polyps in the nasal cavity - benign neoplasms.
Pediatric otolaryngology at Tel Aviv Medical Clinic The Tel Aviv
Medical Clinic employs the best Israeli pediatric doctors with vast experience in diagnosing and treating otolaryngological diseases. They use modern equipment, high-tech equipment to work with small patients.