Throat cancer: description, symptoms, treatment
Oncology of the throat is a malignant form of the tumor process. It affects the area of the larynx, adjacent throat structures. The characteristic localization of the pathology is the region of the tonsils, epiglottis, vocal cords, and throat. The disease mainly diagnosed in male patients. Most patients are between the ages of forty and sixty. A provoking factor in the development of the pathological process is prolonged nicotine addiction, excessive drinking. Predisposing circumstances include:
- Exposure to phenolic resins, benzene;
- Ingestion of asbestos, coal, tobacco dust into the respiratory tract;
- Harmful working conditions.
Symptoms of throat oncology
Nonspecific symptoms characterize oncology of the throat. The characteristic signs of laryngeal cancer are similar to the development of another malignant formation, catarrhal, viral disease. It is challenging to diagnose pathology at an early stage. The primary symptoms of throat cancer include the appearance of hoarseness in the voice, discomfort in the patient's throat.
A characteristic feature of the symptoms is a continued, prolonged presence of signs of the disease. With the progression of the disease, the manifestations become brighter. Patients complain of the following symptoms:
- The appearance of rudeness in the voice, hoarseness;
- swelling of the throat;
- The feeling of the presence of an external object in the laryngeal passage;
- Complications of swallowing functionality;
- The appearance of bad breath, an unpleasant odor from the oral cavity;
- Attacks of severe coughing. There is characteristic sputum with elements of pus, blood particles. Has an unpleasant odor;
- True blood during coughing;
- The appearance of tumor formation in the throat. Inherent to malignant processes;
- The development of the laryngeal stridor, leading to a complication of respiratory function;
- lack of air;
- Soreness in the throat, pain intensity increases while swallowing food, saliva. The spread of pain to the ears, the head is allowed.
Symptoms of throat cancer are different in male and female patients.
Throat cancer treatment at Tel Aviv Medical Clinic
The new generation of Tel Aviv Medical Center fully equipped with innovative equipment, high-tech devices, and modern technologies. This allows medical experts to conduct complex operations with filigree accuracy, highly effective cancer treatment.